Thursday, September 21, 2017

9/21/17: Things I Loved Today

Since I'm on the topic of "things that I love," I suppose I'll take a moment to list some of the beloved activities I was privileged to engage in today.

In no particular order:

1. I made a wonderful lunch, packed it up, and then got some coffee at a good place and proceeded to eat my meal and read a book (with sunshine, even, and then, once I got too hot, I was able to jump into an air-conditioned cafeteria)
2. I worked out at a gym
3. I smiled, even when I didn't feel like it
4. I went shopping at the market, for food for tomorrow's beloved meals (assuming I'm alive tomorrow, which I do not; if I am, then I'll have food to eat, anyway)
5. I ran some errands, successfully
6. I did some work, also successfully
7. I made some money, and without robbing anybody
8. I drove my van, throughout, and I neither got in an accident nor caused one (and, of the close calls I had, none were my fault)

And, one thing that I wasn't quite able to love but would like to:

A few times when I felt sick and let it bring me down (though, there were some times when I didn't let it bring me down, as well as some times when I did but I was able to love my failing)

And, finally, what I'm grateful for: all of the above, and much more.

(What's this have to do with yoga? Absolutely nothing. Then again, when is expressing love and gratitude inappropriate ...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment