Friday, July 31, 2015

7/26: Wal-Mart Campout #1



Yep, I did yoga in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

I designated the "#1" in this post's title because, first, it was my maiden stay in Wal-Mart's famed parking lots; and, two, because I'm sure that, God-willing, there will probably be a #2 (and #3, and #4 ...).

There isn't much to say about this locale. It was concrete. It was expansive. It was Wal-Mart. And, being summertime and in the South (South Carolina, to be exact), it was hot. Yet, despite the banality of the place, I managed to have an enjoyable and productive yoga session (if not as quaint as yesterday's meditative little junkyard).

Not the most satisfying of blog posts? Sure. (If it's any consolation, I was awoken in the night by two tricked-out Subarus drag-racing across the lot -- Wal-Mart drag-racing, whodathunkit?) But, in any case, it's where I got my yoga in (and, in all likeliness, I was the first to do so).

No comments:

Post a Comment