Friday, July 31, 2015

7/30-31: Food Lion Yoga


Yep, I did yoga in a Food Lion parking lot. However, it wasn't a repeat of Wal-Mart.

This place proved to be an unexpected gem. Upon cruising around the lot for an appropriate place to park Kalki the RV, I was surprised to see a little annexed rectangle of pavement at the property's far corner, nearly the exact size and shape of the vehicle that would go there (as if made for it, if I didn't know better). Not only was this space at a comfortable and respectful distance from the shopping center, but it lay alongside an expansive lawn, which provided a solid buffer from the highway (and, some nice aesthetics). These elements combined to bring a welcome sense of seclusion; I felt to be anywhere but a parking lot in the middle of Myrtle Beach. So, after a quiet and private-feeling evening there (interrupted only by a man cursing at the flat tire on his bike), I awoke to have myself a delightful yoga session on the grass (in the shade even!). It was all so pleasant, I had to stay a second night.

And it was all free! I doubt I could've found a more agreeable place at a for-pay campground (or anywhere else).

No comments:

Post a Comment