Friday, August 21, 2015

8/20: Back to the Family's


After a week or so of migratory travels by car, I returned to my family's mountaintop homestead and, thus, Kalki the RV.

So, today's yoga was a reprise of my usual routine at this venerable old haunt: an early-morning session in the property's pleasant front yard. It was interesting, for all my past sessions here; whenever I'm away and then return, the yard is refreshed in substance, always offering something new, like a favorite book. In my experience, the same could be said for everything, more or less: abstinence not only makes the heart grow fonder, but washes away whatever perceptual and emotional barnacles had become attached by contemptuous levels of familiarity, as to restructure people and places anew. It's one of the great secondary benefits of travel (if not the primary).

In the end, I quite enjoyed my homecoming yoga session.

No comments:

Post a Comment