Thursday, August 27, 2015

8/24: Another Park





Today, I set out for another local park, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

A broad, meandering greensward, this park lay on the outskirts of my hometown -- right under my nose for my whole life, yet I'd never visited. A pity: it was great, or this morning it was, anyway. I yoga'd there just after dawn, as the sun crested the mountains and the clouds, greeting my bare torso with friendly warmth. Some landscapers appeared during the tail-end of my session, cranking obnoxious riding mowers, but this failed at sullying my enjoyment of the grounds. For me, the park and my yoga were nourishing to the point of relegating any noise to insignificance, like hearing a pin drop during a hurricane.

I should return to this park, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment