Tuesday, September 8, 2015

9/8/15: Back On the Beach ... Kind Of

I found myself yoga'ing on the beach again, after my little run of withdrawn sessions. But it didn't feel like the beach.

It was a different beach, is why. Not just a different stretch of beach, mind you, but one of a totally different character. An out-of-the-way spot, some miles from the touristy beachfront I'd been frequenting (that lying amid the pictured high-rises, as it were), this beach was at a safe remove from the city center, and peacefully, serenely quiet -- almost perfectly quiet, actually, with the only other people being as reposed and introverted as myself. This was the locals' beach, and it felt every bit like it.

Stretching, breathing, I experienced an abounding love for this place, with its gently lapping waves and total lack of unpleasantness.

A good day. Gratitude for simple life. I smiled much.

No comments:

Post a Comment